Wednesday, February 20, 2008

not so bleak afterall


i really like dickens, well that is later dickens. bleak house is one of my favorites. i also really love masterpiece theater because growing up without t.v. this was one of the few shows i remember from my grandparents house. so when i finally got netflix last month one of the first things i put on my queue is the bbc/masterpiece theater adaption of bleak house made in 2005. it was totally great. there were five episodes per disk (three disks) and with each disk i never had the self control to not watch all five in one sitting. it was just too wonderful. lady dedlock is played by gillian anderson of xfiles fame. she is lots prettier and more awesome in this. it was the perfect late winter activity. sigh. i wish i could watch it all over again.

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

hooray for Masterpiece Theater!

Liz said...

I got this one from the library and really liked it, too. We are blessed to have a well-stocked DVD section at our library (which, since we seldom go out to the movies, is the only way I see anything current!)

ashleigh said...

howcome gillian anderson speaks with a british accent after living in the uk for 1 day, when she has lived in the us for 1 million years. weird huh?! ps: i love you! (kind of like the movie, but not exactly. since i am not dead and still writing you letters...and we were never married! oops?!) STEP UP 2 THE STREET GIRL!!!

Lucy said...

This MPT production has to be one of my favorites. Grandma has been collecting a lot of these classics on film for a little while now. She has quite the collection of Dickens, Austen, George Elliot and more. I must admit that I sneak over to her house and borrow them. Only right now I am in Time-Out because I misplaced Davide Copperfield and she won't let me take any more.