i'll post some non-rat like items.
this fall has been busy. B-U-S-Y. crazy busy. boarding school life is intense, and i always seem to make it more so with taking on lots of extra stuff (knowingly or not).
but there is a bit more to my life than just that. here are some things that i've enjoyed/loved/learned from lately:
1. i have been really loving listening (gotta love the itunes conference podcast!) to and reading lds general conference. stand outs so far are pres. uchtdorf, elder scott, elder christopherson . . . pretty much all of it. it is such a blessing to have modern day oracles of truth and guidance, i gain so much instruction, peace, and inspiration from conference.
2. i read 'home' recently by marylin robinson- which is a companion volume to her 'gilead' which i loved. 'home' was also a home run filled with slow, beautiful and so poignant details of a prodigal son story. the end made me cry and feel deeply the mercy and redemption that happens in unexpected ways in each of our lives.
3. the other night i watch the loveliest french film 'the girl from paris' about this computer science girl who quits her job when she is 30 and goes to agricultural school and buys a goat farm in the rhone alpes. its such a sweet film about relationships and doing what you love. pretty much i really just want to live on a farm.
4. some new music i've been listening to is the passion of st. matthew by bach. i just love the resonant choral pieces and find it good meditative background music.
5. i've been making a quilt! i don't have pictures yet, but promise i'll post some soon. i've knit a bit too, but quilting has had the main stage.
6. i've been making this bread recipe again and again. it's so easy you could do it in your sleep. seriously if i have time to make fresh bread once a week anyone does. do it. you will love it.
7. photo of my mom's dog ernie on a recent trip to little wildhorse canyon in the swell- the amazing perks of my job make the busyness totally worth it. :)