Tuesday, February 09, 2010

february acquistions to my library

this month i decided to purchase for my book "this is for you" a book of papercuts by rob ryan. i blogged about this a long time ago, and have been lusting after this book ever since and never felt justified in buying it. this resolution to build my library is the perfect justification. and i think it's the perfect book for february because is seems so sweet and filled with love. just look at this one! doesn't it just melt your heart?
the film for this month is one that i consider to be so romantic and wonderful "howl's moving castle" by miyazaki. i love the magic, tenderness, and poetic nature of this film. i watched it again over christmas with my family and fell in love all over again. can't wait to call it mine.

4 comments:

zlb said...

last night i read 'this is for you' out loud to my dear friend erin who is visiting. it is delightful beyond words. so so wonderful. give it to someone you love. p.s. is anybody out there? i feel sort of lame-o being the first to comment on my own post . . .

Young People in Love said...

don't feel lame-o. you're the coolest.

and I LOVE that beautimous graphic. i kinda want it printed and framed in my house. ok, i def. DO want that.

Ann Marie said...

that book looks so amazing!

Georgina Florence said...

i totally love that book. and that movie. and this blog.