Monday, January 18, 2010

just what i needed


yesterday i only had one thing in my mail box. but it was the perfect thing. the thing i absolutely needed right in that moment. a letter from a friend. and in that letter were the exact words i needed to hear, along with this wonderful little collage she made of me as warrior woman (she's been reading 'don quixote' and there is this part she read me on the phone about the warrior women). and then there was this quote that spoke right to my heart, my heart that is trying so hard to listen, and be still, and also my brain that has been maybe working a little too hard to 'figure things out' and get answers. thank you laurel dear. thank you rilke.
"i beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to LIVE them. and the point is to LIVE EVERYTHING. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will (gradually), without even noticing it, live your way into the answer" -rilke
p.s. i'm really loving this gray nail polish adah gave me for chirstmas. thank you adah.

2 comments:

Young People in Love said...

ahhh love that rainer maria. love you too.

Carrie Mae said...

Lovely.