Saturday, March 31, 2007

My own private motercycle diary



Those who know me, know I have an incurable disease. . . wanderlust. I'm well aware of it, and take the necessary precautions, but every so often it flares up and the itch to hop a jet plane, boat, bike, or my feet becomes so strong I just have to fly the coop. I'd like to say I have an organized method to guiding my traveling whims, but I want to go so many places, and am so open to any adventure that someone just hast to mention and idea and I'm hooked. That's how my month long trip to Peru (with a week in Chile too!) slated for this summer (mid August to mid September) came about. My friend Camille g-chatted me one day saying she wanted to take and trip, and was I up for it, and did I want to go to Peru? . . . well, I started thinking, and looking and talking to friends who'd been. . . and voila! A trip was born! Early in the plans I said nonchalantly to my friend Davey "hey, wanna go to Peru?" to which he gave an emphatic YES and voila! I have a traveling companion. Now I spend my free time thinking about, reading about, imagining, and researching all things Peruvian. So if you have any advice, places to go, etc. send them along! So far the advice we've received consists of: watch out for loose women with STD's, try some halucinagenic plant in the Amazon, and beware calm looking people on crowded buses who may suddenly vomit on your leg. We're off to a great start.

2 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

it IS perfect for laughter. std's drugs puking--completely off to a great start!

ashleigh said...

1. loose women with std's. 2.halucinagenic plants. 3.having someone OOPS on you while being stuck on a crowded bus. WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO AFRICA?! no, for realz!...sounds like africa to me. and take my advice, chewing the plant is the least exciting of the three!